Get ready for South Jersey’s top live music event for independent artists –
The 2014 Hollystock Music Festival!
Note: All vendor forms and payments are due FRIDAY JULY 25th! (click on the “events” link above for forms and please email kim@MainStreetMountHolly.com with any questions)
On Saturday, August 9th, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., Mount Holly, NJ, will host the third annual Hollystock Music and Art Festival. We’re expecting thousands to come out to hear 45+ bands perform on three outdoor stages and inside several historic downtown Mount Holly’s live music venues and restaurants. This FREE event is presented by Main Street Mount Holly, a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization whose mission is to protect, promote and enhance Mount Holly’s historic downtown.
Located just 30 min from center city Philadelphia, and about an hour from New York City and the legendary Jersey shore town of Asbury Park, Mount Holly has a prime location as a hub for local musicians. With a few kick-off events being held at local venues Friday night the event goes into full swing at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, with a lineup featuring some of the best local indie acts as well as a few national bands. Among the talented acts performing on our stages are:
- Kid Felix, one of our hottest acts from the 2013 festival who has performed at Bamboozle and The Vans Warped Tour;
- The Great Socio, one of Philly’s most energetic bands who also played on The Vans Warped Tour;
- Alright Junior, who recently opened for Third Eye Blind and Cage The Elephant as part of Radio 104.5’s birthday show;
- John The Conqueror – who shared the stage with Dropkick Murphys, Fuel and Redlight Kings at the WMMR-B-Q, after recently touring Europe;
- Soraia, who has opened for Jon Bon Jovi, and worked with Richie Sambora and little Steven Van Zandt;
- The Better Half, who has opened for Hailstorm and Fuel;
- Shaun Ruynen, who’s music has been featured in MTV’s The Real World and in the touchstone pictures release “You Again.”
The downtown merchants are ready to welcome music lovers with great food and specials. High St. will be open for foot traffic only to accommodate two of our outdoor stages (one at High & Garden, one at High & Washington/Mill) plus a variety of vendors including food, crafts, collectibles and more. Peruse the art at our several downtown galleries and at The Friends Meeting House on High Street, which will be hosting an art show from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Mill Race Village shops, located in the historic district, offer a wide variety of collectibles, hand-made items, fine art, jewelry, clothes, books, and will be home to The Flying Fish Beer Garden and one of the three outdoor music stages. If you stop by for a cold drink, be sure to say ‘hi’ to the lovely ladies of the Atlantic Coast Roller Derby who will be manning the taps! And don’t miss the travelling New Jersey State Historical Museum located at the Burlington County Historical Prison at High & Grant Streets.
We thank our sponsors: Flying Fish, The Township of Mount Holly, Burlington County Division of Parks, Hainesport Auto and Truck, Japer Engines & Transmission, Hebe Music & Blue Light Digital Sound, for their support of this event.
Check out more about the event, including up-to-date lists of bands, activities and other entertainment by checking out our website: www.hollystocknj.com and by following the event on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HollystockMusicFestival